In recent years, immigration to Western nations has dramatically increased. Europe has experienced a record influx of asylum seekers who fled conflicts in Syria and other predominantly Muslim countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand have also been nations where many desire to immigrate. Some are skilled workers, and others have no particular skill or trade and often expect public assistance.
Across the West, we have seen mosques increasingly built in our cities and towns. Mosques dot the landscape of Europe. The most expensive mosque built in the United States completed by the Turkish government cost approximately $100 million. Also, Islamic schools and a host of Muslim organizations are present across the Western nations.
Western nations have made countless accommodations to Muslim demands. Included are segregated male-female swimming pools and gyms, halal food, workplace exemptions for handling pork products, and individual public prayer rooms with footbaths.
When migration to the West took place many years ago, Muslims would assimilate into the culture even while still practicing their religion. Things have changed, and immigrants have not only kept their religious beliefs but kept to themselves. For Islamists, non-Muslim land is different from Muslim land. Many never identify themselves with a Western land, flag or nationality, even though they were born there and are the second or third generation in the new nation.
If they are a fundamental Islamic family or community, they believe only Allah’s law is pure. Their mindset is that Western law is manmade and Islamic sharia is to be followed.
One of the founding fathers of Islamist thought, Sayyid Qutb, stated:
· “The homeland of the Muslim, in which he lives and which he defends, is not a piece of land;
· the nationality of the Muslim, in which he lives and which he is identified, is not the nationality determined by a government;
· the family of the Muslim, in which he finds solace and which he defends, is not blood relationships,
· the flag of the Muslim, which he honors and under which he is martyred, is not the flag of a country, and;
· the victory of a Muslim, which he celebrates for which he is thankful to God, is not a military victory.”
One man, a Muslim reformer, made this statement: “What you end up seeing is that when people are brainwashed not to identify themselves with a flag and a nationality, it disrupts the human connections and communications that need to take place within communities. It pits the indoctrinated person against the entire society and his own countrymen, and develops an ‘us-vs-them’ mentality.”
• II Corinthians 10:4 declares: “We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.” Pray that God will reveal to the body of Christ specific ways we can pray for Muslims to free them from false teaching and stand against these strongholds in their lives.
• Pray for the Muslim community, that their eyes will be opened to Truth, asking God to send laborers across their path to share with them the truth of the message of Christ.